Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl> on 2005/03/01 09:29:41 UTC

Re: Parameterization in a SOAP Call

Any answer yet?

I'm not sure whether it is possible to put a parameter in an attribute in XSP, just like in XSL, but
you could easily add an XSL transform after the XSP generate. As far as I see and recall, the XSP
generates a XML file with a soap: instruction. This is executed by some soap transformer, am I
right? If so, adding an XSL transform just before that transformer should be easy.

Cheers

Barodawala, Ali wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm using a SOAP call within an XSP which (abbreviated) looks like this..
>
> <soap:call url="http://10.104.115.1:7078/webservices/quoteprice/QuoteSearch"
> 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> 	xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> 	<m:quickSearch
> xmlns:m="http://quoteprice.sbs/webservices/quotesearch">
>
> I need to parameterize the IP Address so that I can configure it for
> different deployment environments viz. dev, prod etc. I have been able to
> put the IP in the sitemap and retrieve it in the XSP, but cant seem to pass
> it as a call to the SOAP request.
> I'm trying to use <xsp:expr> for this.
>
> Any help on this would be much appreciated..

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50

Re: Parameterization in a SOAP Call

Posted by Alfred Nathaniel <a....@bluewin.ch>.
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:29, Geert Josten wrote:

> I'm not sure whether it is possible to put a parameter in an attribute in XSP, just like in XSL, but
> you could easily add an XSL transform after the XSP generate. As far as I see and recall, the XSP
> generates a XML file with a soap: instruction. This is executed by some soap transformer, am I
> right? If so, adding an XSL transform just before that transformer should be easy.

Here is how to generate a dynamic attribute in XSP:

  <xsp:logic>
    String ipaddr = parameters.getParameter("ipaddr");
    String url = "http://" + ipaddr +
":7078/webservices/quoteprice/QuoteSearch";
  </xsp:logic>

  <soap:call url="
    <xsp:attribute name="url"><xsp:expr>url</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>
    <m:quickSearch
      xmlns:m="http://quoteprice.sbs/webservices/quotesearch">

> > I need to parameterize the IP Address so that I can configure it for
> > different deployment environments viz. dev, prod etc. I have been able to
> > put the IP in the sitemap and retrieve it in the XSP, but cant seem to pass
> > it as a call to the SOAP request.
> > I'm trying to use <xsp:expr> for this.

HTH, Alfred.