Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "E.W" <WU...@fr.ibm.com> on 2006/05/11 11:37:16 UTC

JMS ACtiveMQ standalone client to connect to sun AppServer ed.8

Hi

I have configured some JMS connection factories and destination resources
following the sun jms examples and i am now trying to send and receive
messages from a standalone client using activemq.

To start doing that i initialize the ActiveMQInitialContextFactory with this
parameters:
JNDIVendorAdapter.CONNECTION_FACTORY_JNDI_NAME, "jms/TopicConnectionFactory"
JNDIVendorAdapter.CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
"JNDIVendorAdapter.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:7676"
"brokerURL", "tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:7676"
RemoteSunServerAdress:7676 correspond to the adress/port of the sun jms
broker.

And when i lookup using the context i can not find the names that i have
configured on the server side.Do i miss something ?

Thank you.

Re: JMS ACtiveMQ standalone client to connect to sun AppServer ed.8

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/06, E.W <WU...@fr.ibm.com> wrote:

> Ok, i will try that.
>
> No i have not installed an ActiveMQ Broker to the Sun App server, i thought
> that it was another 'common' way to query various brokers. Could you please
> confirm that i am wrong?

Yes - the ActiveMQ JNDI provider does not connect to the application
server - it connects to the ActiveMQ broker.

So use a URL to connect to the broker, wherever you are running it

> Also, assuming that i a mwrong, let's suppose that i want to query existing
> JMS application. It means that we will have to add ActiveMQ as a broker to
> the existing server configuration to be able to achieve that. Do you know if
> a more generic solution exist ( without additionnal changes on the server
> part for example ) ?

Its your call - you can embed the broker inside the app server or run
it separate. To get you going the easiest way is to use the activemq
script and run it stand alone. When you've got that working you could
try embedding it
http://activemq.org/Run+Broker

--

James
-------

Re: JMS ACtiveMQ standalone client to connect to sun AppServer ed.8

Re: JMS ACtiveMQ standalone client to connect to sun AppServer ed.8

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/06, E.W <WU...@fr.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have configured some JMS connection factories and destination resources
> following the sun jms examples and i am now trying to send and receive
> messages from a standalone client using activemq.
>
> To start doing that i initialize the ActiveMQInitialContextFactory with this
> parameters:
> JNDIVendorAdapter.CONNECTION_FACTORY_JNDI_NAME, "jms/TopicConnectionFactory"
> JNDIVendorAdapter.CONTEXT_FACTORY,
> "org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
> "JNDIVendorAdapter.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:7676"
> "brokerURL", "tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:7676"
> RemoteSunServerAdress:7676 correspond to the adress/port of the sun jms
> broker.
>
> And when i lookup using the context i can not find the names that i have
> configured on the server side.Do i miss something ?

Do you have a stack trace BTW?

Incidentally there is no JNDI server remotely that is being accessed;
its purely a client side only JNDI - so the PROVIDER_URL is the
protocol, host and port that will be used to try connect directly to
the ActiveMQ broker.

So are you running an ActiveMQ broker on box remoteSunServerAdress
with port 7676?

If you run the activemq binary script that comes with the binary
distro and haven't changed the config files the URL you should use is
probably tcp://remoteSunServerAdress:61616

--

James
-------