Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by stephen smithstone <sk...@lchost.co.uk> on 2004/03/21 20:11:32 UTC

Forms and Objects that dont have String properties

i have a domin object which has properties that are not just string i.e
Integers

now in the form am i write in thinking here that tapestry wont convert
my integer value to a string value for the form
when reading and convert from String to Integer when updating or is it
meant to handle this for me ?

i.e.

DomainObjectOne {

	private Integer id;

	public Integer getId(){
		return id;
	}

	public void setId( Integer id ){
		this.id = id;

	}
}

on my form

<input type="text" jwcid="@TextField" value="ognl:domainObjectOne.id"/>

am i meant to provide some page properties to convert the values for me
?

Re: Forms and Objects that dont have String properties

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 22, 2004, at 12:02 PM, stephen smithstone wrote:
> had to use a VaildField and map some a NumberValidator  to the field

Thanks.  I figured that is what you had done.

This is an area where I take a bit of exception to how Tapestry works.
I would much prefer a TextField work with any datatype that can be
converted back and forth with a String.  Why not?

I would also prefer that every field type be validatable.  Why not?

	Erik

Posted by stephen smithstone <sk...@lchost.co.uk>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by stephen smithstone <sk...@lchost.co.uk>.