Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/12/12 20:04:09 UTC

interested in joining the IPMC

Hello,
I'm the PMC Chair for Apache Phoenix and a PMC member of Apache Calcite,
both top level project and both of which I went through the incubation
process. Recently several projects interested in going through incubation
approached me to be a mentor, hence my interest in joining - so that I can
help guide them through this process. I understand that the process for non
ASF members is to initiate a vote on the private list. I'd appreciate it if
that could start at your earliest convenience.

Please let me know if I need to perform any further action before a vote is
started.

Thanks,
James

Re: interested in joining the IPMC

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
After Marvin's message I was curious enough to look up the policy. It
is documented, and it is indeed as Marvin says:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html#pmcer

I would encourage people to post links when responding to policy
questions. It is not necessary, but it helps counter the perception
(whether or not that perception is valid) that policy changes with
every message to this list.

Julian

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
My apologies, Marvin, and thanks for clarifying the procedure. I'll follow
up on the private list.

    James

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.