Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Brown <ro...@intelcompute.com> on 2011/10/21 10:08:00 UTC

Getting single documents by fq on unique field, performance

Hi,

We do regular searches against documents, with highlighting on.  To
then view a document in more detail, we re-do the search but using
fq=id:12345 to return the single document of interest, but still want
highlighting on, so sending the q param back again.

Is there anything you would recommend doing to increase performance
(it's not currently a problem, more a curiosity)?  I had the following
in mind, but wanted to gauge whether they'd actually be worthwhile...

1. Using a different request handler with no boosts, etc.
2. Setting rows=1 since we know there's only 1 doc coming back.

Thanks,
Rob

--

IntelCompute
Web Design & Local Online Marketing

http://www.intelcompute.com

Re: Getting single documents by fq on unique field, performance

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
This approach seems fine. You might benchmark it through load test etc.

Regds
Pravesh