Posted to mirrors@apache.org by CaptG <ad...@captg.com> on 2004/03/29 03:37:40 UTC

captg mirror

*Mirror Information*
URL of mirror: http://apache.captg.com
Country where the mirror is located: Dallas, Texas
Contact email address: admin@captg.com
Update frequency: Daily
Approximate bandwidth: 100GB per month
I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror (yes)

I would like the following logo to be used for my mirror, and the
following web address for the logo.

*Logo Location:*
http://www.captg.com/images/logo_mirror.jpg

*Web address:*
http://www.captg.com

Is the rule for the mirror logo still 100x34 pixels? My logo is tiny,
and it's hard to read as you will see.

Thank you.

Re: captg mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 29.03.2004, at 17:47, CaptG wrote:

> Will 100gb(per month) be suitable for a apache mirror?
>
> Thanks

According to [1] an US mirror takes around 60-70Gb per month, around
1.5 - 3.0 Gb per day. So, I guess you should be fine although 100Gb are
somewhat 'limited'...

Cheers,
Erik

[1]
http://mirrors.xtria.com/awstats/awstats.pl?
month=all&year=2004&output=main&config=mirrors.xtria.com&framename=index

Re: captg mirror

Posted by CaptG <ad...@captg.com>.

--
CaptG Dot Com Administrator
http://www.captg.com

Re: captg mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 29.03.2004, at 03:37, CaptG wrote:

> Mirror Information
>  URL of mirror: http://apache.captg.com
>  Country where the mirror is located: Dallas, Texas
>  Contact email address: admin@captg.com
>  Update frequency: Daily
>  Approximate bandwidth: 100GB per month
>  I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror (yes)

Okay, looks good and will be included with the next update. Thanks!

>  I would like the following logo to be used for my mirror, and the
> following web address for the logo.
>
> Logo Location: http://www.captg.com/images/logo_mirror.jpg
>
> Web address: http://www.captg.com
>
>  Is the rule for the mirror logo still 100x34 pixels? My logo is tiny,
> and it's hard to read as you will see.

Yes, this rule is still valid and in my opinion your logo doesn't look
bad at all in this size ;)

>  Thank you.

Cheers,
Erik

Re: captg mirror

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, CaptG wrote:

> Is it allowed to have mirrors from the same datacenter?

I don't see any particular problem with that.  They have their own
bandwidth allocation and hardware, so they do provide additional
resources.

Joshua.

Re: captg mirror

Posted by CaptG <ad...@captg.com>.