Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by jm...@apache.org on 2020/01/16 00:25:31 UTC

Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - February 2020

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 19 February 2020, 10:30 am PDT.
The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC
report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, February 05).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the Incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Candidate names should not be made public before people are actually
elected, so please do not include the names of potential committers or
PPMC members in your report.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.
*   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/February2020

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Note: The format of the report has changed to use markdown.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - February 2020

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I personally deliberately avoided number of commits/PRs in the report
> as I saw Justin giving the same remark in his review to other reports
> that did that, and I believe he has a good argument.

I’s not just my point, the board frequently gives the same feedback on reports that just contain stats/number with no explanation.

Some examples:
"rb: Please drop the mailing list and Jira stats section of the
    report unless those numbers support a specific point you wish to
    make."
"idf: When including mailing list and jira stats it would be helpful
     if you could include a bit of explanation as to what they mean
     for your project.”
“ mt: The mailing list stats and the Jira stats should be not be
     included in the report unless there is something noteworthy
     about them”

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - February 2020

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I personally deliberately avoided number of commits/PRs in the report
as I saw Justin giving the same remark in his review to other reports
that did that, and I believe he has a good argument.

Probably a better stats would be number of PRs from new contributors,
that will show that the project is attracting new people and growing
its community.

Significant additions could also make it to the report, like new
architectures, new subsystems, etc.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

I signed off the report, just a trivial suggestion on the report:
 - Is it possible to mention the count of commits, contributors in the report.
 - Also can we mentions who many discussions happened in the mailing list and how many people participated in the discussion.

These are the non-technical details but it will help to keep a track on the health of the community.

Regards
Asif

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks.
Sorry about that, I thought I double checked everything.
We'll be more vigilant next time.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I just submitted it.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
> I stand corrected, those must have been the ones from testing. Maybe it
> needs to be redirected to commits@, I don't know.

We would probably want that as well.
testing is expected to see more traffic in the up coming days.

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - February 2020

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 10:57 PM Abdelatif Guettouche <
abdelatif.guettouche@gmail.com> wrote:

> They are? I think they got redirected to commit@.
> Only the testing repo still got its discussions forwarded to dev@.
> At least this is how I see them.

I stand corrected, those must have been the ones from testing. Maybe it
needs to be redirected to commits@, I don't know.

Nathan

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - February 2020

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, it is light.  Not a lot of things have changed since the last report.
However, this is not the last version, it will get updated during the
next couple of days.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.