Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org> on 2018/08/24 23:55:36 UTC

[Discussion] Program for Sandro

Hi all,

We have a new Volunteer for Programming. Please Welcome Sandro.
He has mainly experience in PHP and python, and we need a Student target for him.

I think maybe Sandro could have a look at our extention side. I think we use WordPress which would need Php web skills.
My idea is that we could create an additional info page for each file consisting of the information header of the extention.
Especially the License entry would become visible before downloading.
Of course we would need to build the data once for all the extention files already on the server.

This could be a first step in the direction to offer a filter by extention, or simplify the creation of the extention Pages.

What do you think?

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 9/22/2018 11:17 PM, sandro wrote:
> Dear Keith,
>
> My preferred user name is:
>
> 1) sandro.suzart or
> 2) sandro_suzart or
> 3) sandro-suzart
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Sandro;

Your mwiki account sandro.suzart has been created. A temporary password
has been e-mailed to you under separate cover. Please be sure to change
it one first login.

Regards
Keith

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Keith,

My preferred user name is:

1) sandro.suzart or
2) sandro_suzart or
3) sandro-suzart

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Peter,

It is a very nice and amazing idea. Certainly it would improve our productivity, our team spirit would soar and we would appreciate every moment working together.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Gavin,

It was great and worked fine. What time zone do you use?

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandro,

I sent an invite email so that you can join the #openoffice channel, let me
know how it goes.

Gav...

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 3:42 PM sandro <sa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Gavin,
>
> I have followed your instruction. The Slack Site (https://asf.slack.com/)
> says that I need an account to access it. I would like to request one.
>

> My greatest motivation for the chat channel is that it will be a facility
> for working everyday. Online with you in real time I plan to work about 2
> hours per day from Monday to Friday and 10 hours in the weekends, it would
> become far easier to my personal management, besides that the possibility
> of collaboration would enhance my productivity and turn me happier and more
> joyful.
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Gav...

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Gavin,

How are you using the chat channel, is it already working? How may I use it?

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.
Install the Slack app, or via the web goto the-asf.slack.com you will find
an #openoffice slack channel ready and waiting, been there quite some time
unused.

With HipChat going away, Slack is the option to use now.

I am there, lets see you all there too!

HTH

Gav...

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 2:12 AM Howard Cary Morris <
howard_cary_morris@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can create a chat room to share or you can use another service to do the
> same thing
> Howard

Gav...

RE: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Dear Sandro,

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Dear,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Sandro.

If you see something on our wiki-pages.
You can decide on yourself. There is no real command structure here.
If you need a user for editing the wiki, just write a request here.

Have Fun.

All the best
Peter

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Andrea,

It was fantastic. I begin working on the project today.

Glad.
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
The appraisal of completing expectations is fulfilling and I find it fulfilling to appreciate a smile in the face of my colleagues, because attainment fulfills the will and cooperation fulfills the emotion.

I feel that the installation of MediaWiki was successful, it was a bright sight of confirmation of the beauty that I expected from this software. Now I want to write the actual skin, I tell write because it seen that I will have to write the CSS of the new skin and it fulfils myself as a discovery.

Maybe in the next week I complete the task. I would like to tell that the Wiki project is really engrossing me like a tender delight or an advance to congratulation, I really like to drive myself to do Wiki.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
I have found the Wiki's Skin fulfilling because of it's friendly form and I have found the PHP work fulfilling because of it's sympathetic way. The friendly form is an aspect of a sympathetic way of work and I find it fulfilling both the friendly and the sympathetic aspects of the task.

How good did I feel the CSS work? Well, I feel it a secure task because now the remain thing is the creation of a database to use the Wiki's editor. The Wiki's editor is an involving application and it works well in my browser, it is certainly driving me to happiness.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Andrea,

It is amazing the experience in the Wiki project. It is vivid my joy with the works of Wiki. I have found many videos that specifically aboard the MediaWiki software point by point, I feel it great. After I finish the project of skins (Wiki Skins) I would like to continue with projects of Apache Wiki, because I can handle them easily.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Andrea,

I have read the tutorial,to my perception it is a welcoming "css" activity that gives me intense pleasure in doing. It says that I can use the skins through css, that is a thing that I can do with easy and joy, so this is the begin of the journey.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@posteo.de>.
Hi Sandro,

Can't find the numbers. Some formats are filtered by the List or I got tomato eyes again.
Can you upload it somewhere (Google, Dropbox) and link the file?

All the Best
Peter

Posted by sandro <sa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@posteo.de>.
Hi Sandro,

Posted by Howard Cary Morris <ho...@hotmail.com>.
Another possibility: Earlier there was a question about updating the help files. We could use Sandro’s expertise to build those web pages. We could also use my utility to convert an open office write document to html. Then we could just create the help with write and convert them to html (or save to html) as needed.

Howard