Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Brian Craigie <Br...@necs.demon.co.uk> on 1997/11/14 11:23:38 UTC

mod_proxy/1416: Authorisation does not work with proxy:

>Number:         1416
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Authorisation does not work with proxy:
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3a1
>Environment:
SunOS trout 5.5 Generic_103093-14 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5

GCC 2.7.2.1, PHP 2.0
Using the following directives:

<Directory proxy:*>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Authorised Proxy Users Only
AuthUserfile /somefile
require valid-user
</Directory>

Authorisation is requested, I type in my user name and password and then I am told authorisation failed.

However, changing proxy:* to a local file, authorisation works fine.

I've checked and double-checked that I am typing the correct password every time.

I want to be able to restrict access to the proxy to only selected users, and I can't.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I've had a brief look at the code but can't see what's wrong