Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan Wright <jo...@aboutit.co.nz> on 2004/06/03 01:08:51 UTC

java.lang.VerifyError

I have a JSP page using logic, bean and html tags. It works and compiles
fine on my local machine using tomcat 4.1.24. However when deployed to a
live server running tomcat 4.0.4 I get the following error

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/jsp/ProviderDetails$jsp, method:
_jspService signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRespo
nse;)V) Illegal target of jump or branch
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1576)

My question is what does this typically signify? What is Illegal target of
jump or branch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan