Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marcos Lima <ma...@wim.com.br> on 2000/09/22 20:47:28 UTC

Cocoon/Xerces

We are testing Cocoon technology for possible adoption.

There are  some questions.

First

web.xml
            <param-name>
                properties
            </param-name>
            <param-value>
                C:\JavaSoft\jakarta-tomcat\conf\cocoon.properties
            </param-value>

in  the request page:

                java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\JavaSoft\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\cocoon\C:\JavaSoft\jakarta-tomcat\conf\cocoon.properties

the bold path is connected  for  informed path

Second

http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml - work fine

So far

http://localhost:8080/Cocoon/index.xml - not work

message:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: File
"C:/JavaSoft/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/cocoon/index.xml" not found.
[FATAL ERROR]
                                                         [File: "null"
Line: 0 Column: 0]

and this is correct path, but xerces not see the file path.

You can help-me please ?

Obs: my tests they are being accomplished  in one Windows 98 machine for
then WINNT and LINUX in production line.
         Xerces samples run fine

Thanks,

***************************************
              Marcos Lima
      marcoslima@wim.com.br
             WIM Consult
         Grupo de Tecnologia
           www.wim.com.br

Re: Cocoon/Xerces

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 03:47  22/9/00 -0300, you wrote:
>            <param-name>
>                properties
>            </param-name>
>            <param-value>
>                C:\JavaSoft\jakarta-tomcat\conf\cocoon.properties
>            </param-value>
>

>in  the request page:
>
>                java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>C:\JavaSoft\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\cocoon\C:\JavaSoft\jakarta-tomcat\conf\c
ocoon.properties

cocoon.properties is relative to webapp directory so you should use
something like

            <param-value>
                WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties
            </param-value>

and that will read from <webapp>/WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties

>http://localhost:8080/Cocoon/index.xml - not work
>

>message:
>org.xml.sax.SAXException: File
>"C:/JavaSoft/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/cocoon/index.xml" not found.
>[FATAL ERROR]
>                                                         [File: "null"
>Line: 0 Column: 0]
>
>and this is correct path, but xerces not see the file path.
Not sure - check above configuration probelms and get back to us if you
still have the problem.

Cheers,

Pete