Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MedElb <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/08 09:33:02 UTC

Assembly plugin : how to customize the name of the generated file

Hi
I'm using the maven assembly plugin to generate the install pachage that
contain others sub package each one has his own assembly discriptor,
and my projetc is mutli modules!!

my probleme now is that zip files generated gets names with
${architypeName}-${version}-${assemblyId}

how i can customize the name of the assempbly generted files,

Thanks in advance

Re: Assembly plugin : how to customize the name of the generated file

Posted by MedElb <me...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your response
ii've found that use example

<plugin>
            <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
            <executions>
               <execution>
                  <id>assemble</id>
                  <phase>install</phase>
                  <goals>
                     <goal>attached</goal>
                  </goals>
                  <configuration>
                     <descriptors>
                        <descriptor>assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
                        <descriptor>assembly/doc.xml</descriptor>
                        <descriptor>assembly/all.xml</descriptor>
                     </descriptors>

*<finalName>${artifactId}-${jbosscache-core-version}</finalName>*
                     <outputDirectory>target/distribution</outputDirectory>
                     <workDirectory>target/assembly/work</workDirectory>
                  </configuration>
               </execution>
            </executions>
</plugin>

In my case : for each discriptor.xml i must customize the generated file :(

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.