Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Dolan, Kelly" <kd...@inmedius.com> on 2013/07/11 16:26:31 UTC

Help debugging StaleItemStateException

I inherited application code that embeds a Jackrabbit 1.6.1 repository and encounters the "StaleItemStateException: <item> has been modified externally" exception on commit of an XA transaction.

I've confirmed multiple threads are not involved and I can consistently reproduce this w/ only one user logged into the application. I also confirmed the exception is being thrown because the "modCount" variables in a PropertyItemState object and its overlayedState variable are out of sync. The question is why?

Any ideas or suggestions on how I might try to debug this (e.g., what classes to look at/understand, what to look out for)?

Thanks,
Kelly

--
Kelly E. Dolan, Software Architect