Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/08/04 07:23:34 UTC

Camel From Scratch

Hi ,

I am new to camel. I am willing to start with camel such that it will be
helpful for me to work in servicemix. Suggest me if this is a good idea. By
the way if that so, is there any tutorial from scratch.

hope camel does not have any disadvantages for working in esb features, Like
i can create/do all sort of things using camel in servicemix/fuse,.

Regards
Guru

Re: Camel From Scratch

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Guru,

if you create your camel projects with maven and use the bundle plugin
you can prepare them to run on OSGi as well as standalone.

I did a tutorial for Karaf that shows how to create the maven projects
and a small OSGi app:
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/02/15/Karaf+Tutorial+Part+1+-+Installation+and+First+application

In the next part I will describe how to do integration with Camel and
Karaf. Btw. you may want to try pure Karaf + Camel instead of servicemix
or fuse. That is a much smaller package (< 5,8MB compared to 64 MB).
You can simply add camel and activemq features to pure Karaf. If you do
not intend to use JBI that is much smaller than the full servicemix.

Christian

Am 04.08.2011 07:23, schrieb Gnanaguru S:
> Hi ,
>
> I am new to camel. I am willing to start with camel such that it will be
> helpful for me to work in servicemix. Suggest me if this is a good idea. By
> the way if that so, is there any tutorial from scratch.
>
> hope camel does not have any disadvantages for working in esb features, Like
> i can create/do all sort of things using camel in servicemix/fuse,.
>

> Regards
> Guru

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Camel From Scratch

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 8/4/11 1:23 PM, Gnanaguru S wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am new to camel. I am willing to start with camel such that it will be
> helpful for me to work in servicemix. Suggest me if this is a good idea. By
> the way if that so, is there any tutorial from scratch.
There are lots examples[1] tutorials[2] in the camel site,  those you
may want to take a look.

> hope camel does not have any disadvantages for working in esb features, Like
> i can create/do all sort of things using camel in servicemix/fuse,.

Camel provides an EIP implementation which is widely used in ESB.
Camel is small enough, you can deploy it into any container or just star
it with Java process.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/examples.html
[2]http://camel.apache.org/tutorials.html

--