Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sriram <sr...@nunet-tech.com> on 2003/07/10 13:17:22 UTC

Error with commons-validator

I'm tying to incorporate client-side validations using struts validator.

I've downloaded all related .jar files and placed them in /WEB-INF/lib.

I'm using commons-validator.jar (1.0.2).

When I'm trying to display the. jsp page in web browser. it's showing some HTML tags as mentioned below:
<input type="text" n

and in the console the exception thrown is:
javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/struts/util/MessageResources
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageCon
textImpl.java:536)

And when I remove the statement "<validator:javascript formName="supportviewForm"/>" from the .jsp page, it's displayed perfectly in the browser.

What could be the reason? Is there any version conflict? When I searched in the forums, I found that this error could be because incorrect version of commons-validator.jar. But I downloaded 1.0.2 and am using that only.

Any help is much appreciated.