Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Emiliano Romero <er...@sitrack.com> on 2007/11/13 15:22:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Segmentation Fault

Hi!, I really dont know if I have to send this problem to this mailing list.

I'm using Gentoo, Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.4

I get a Segmentation Fault (11) some times in my error_logs. It's very
random, but I get this error like 2 o 3 times in the day. (it's in a
development server, not in production).

I make apache to core dump files, and the analize them with gdb.

#0  0x00002afbefba28fb in ?? () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

(gdb) where

#0  0x00002afbefba28fb in ?? () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

#1  0x0000000000443dc1 in ap_mpm_pod_check ()

#2  0x00000000004420dc in ?? ()

#3  0x0000000000442258 in ?? ()

#4  0x0000000000442e35 in ap_mpm_run ()

#5  0x0000000000420c48 in main ()

Somebody have any idea of what could be happening?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Emiliano Romero

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Re: [users@httpd] Segmentation Fault

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Nov 14, 2007 1:33 AM, Axel-Stephane  SMORGRAV
<Ax...@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> As far as I understand you cannot use PHP with  an Apache using multi-threaded MPM.

You can use PHP with threads. But it is not recommended since many
libraries that are used by php are less-than thread-safe. So your
recommended solution is probably correct.

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] Segmentation Fault

Posted by Emiliano Romero <er...@sitrack.com>.
Thanks Axel, Now I compile apache and php without threads and without
worker. Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regards

Posted by Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com>.