Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stanislas de Ionecum <e_...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/19 05:46:58 UTC

[users@httpd] To Johsua and the list

I was not aware that I was moderated, it's because I sent multiple messages.
I would not do that if I know I'm moderated, or perhaps the list is
moderated.

The problem is that the messages come too late in the list. In other mailing
lists, they arrive immediately. Sometimes I have problems with my internet
connection, so I thinks that some messages does not arrive at all.
Furthermore, there is confusion with the reply function of this list. Some
replies are posted to the list, some others to the sender. Each of these
things make me worried about the arrival of my messages.

Sorry
SdeI

>From: Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>
>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Very old problem without any new solution
>Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:50:28 -0400
>
>On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:12:08 +0000, Stanislas de Ionecum
><e_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you explain me why each time I reply a message I have to post three
>time
> > before see it in the list? I wouldn't disturb, but this is an issue.
>
>Because you have absolutely no patience?  All three of your messages
>came through to the list, dumping tons of useless garbage on all the
>subscribers.  In general, there is no need to send complete httpd.conf
>files to the list anyway.
>
>Joshua.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented MicrosoftŽ SmartScreen
Technology.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.

Re: [users@httpd] To Johsua and the list

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:46:58 +0000, Stanislas de Ionecum
<e_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was not aware that I was moderated, it's because I sent multiple messages.
> I would not do that if I know I'm moderated, or perhaps the list is
> moderated.

The list is not moderated, but it is subscriber-only.

> The problem is that the messages come too late in the list. In other mailing
> lists, they arrive immediately. Sometimes I have problems with my internet
> connection, so I thinks that some messages does not arrive at all.
> Furthermore, there is confusion with the reply function of this list. Some
> replies are posted to the list, some others to the sender. Each of these
> things make me worried about the arrival of my messages.

As I said, the key is a little bit of patience.  If you don't have
that, then you aren't in the right place; you should go hire a
consultant to answer your questions.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] To Johsua and the list

Posted by Tim Burden <ti...@burden.ca>.
You're screwing up my whole Libertarian outlook.

Posted by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>.
On Thursday 19 August 2004 04:46, Stanislas de Ionecum wrote:
> I was not aware that I was moderated, it's because I sent multiple
> messages. I would not do that if I know I'm moderated, or perhaps the list
> is moderated.
>
> The problem is that the messages come too late in the list. In other
> mailing lists, they arrive immediately.

Depends whose subscribed.  It took about a week for messages to come through
from debian-user.  This appeared to be because a lot of gmail users
subscribed, and then the gmail mail servers were teergrubing (use google to
find out if you don't know what it means) the list mail server, so it never
got around to delivering all the messages.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk