Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kavitha Murugesan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/12 10:41:47 UTC

Read Data using apache ignite

hi All,

I have sql database in my machine. Is it possible to read sql database data
using apache ignite? If is it possible means how can I achieve this? and
what is the purpose of starting node?

Thanks,
Kavitha M

Re: Read Data using apache ignite

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
You have two options:

1) Implement cache store that works with your SQL database
Docs: https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/persistent-store
Example: https://ptupitsyn.github.io/Entity-Framework-Cache-Store/

2) Use Entity Framework to work with your DB and configure Ignite 2nd level
cache:
https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/entity-framework-second-level-cache

Posted by kavitha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes I am using C#.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Which platform/language do you use? Java, C++, C#, anything else?

Can you please describe your use case in more detail?
Do you want to use Ignite as a caching layer in front of SQL server?

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Honest I don't understand your question. Would you describe your point more?

Posted by kavitha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikolai,

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, it's possible. You can configure "Write-Through & Read-Through"
functionality. See there [1],[2]. Also Ignite provides "web-console" which
allows to easily import db schema to Ignite. [3]

1. https://ignite.apache.org/use-cases/caching/database-caching.html
2. https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/persistent-store
3. https://youtu.be/gd6ZCahEr0o