Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Ciprian Popovici <ci...@sap.ro> on 2002/07/16 15:22:51 UTC

list_xmlobjects vs invoke

How is it possible to see an XMLObject in the list for
'list_xmlobjects' and still receive "XMLObject Not Found" upon invoke?

Here's what I run:

> xindiceadmin add_xmlobject -c /db/test -i org.apache.xindice.examples.HelloWorldXMLObject -n MyObj
CREATED : XMLObject MyObj
> xindice lo -c /db/test
XMLObjects:
MyObj
Total XMLObjects: 1
> xindice invoke -c /db/test -o MyObj/crush?rock=boulder -v
Collectionstring = xmldb:xindice:///db/test
XMLObject URI = xindice://db/test/MyObj/
ERROR : XMLObject Not Found
DEBUG>
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: XMLObject Not Found
        at org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:239)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XMLObjectService.invokeXMLObject(XMLObjectService.java:128)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.command.InvokeXmlObject.execute(InvokeXmlObject.java:113)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLUserTools.main(XMLUserTools.java:98)

--Ciprian Popovici

Re: list_xmlobjects vs invoke

Posted by Luca Cinquini <lu...@ucar.edu>.
Hi Ciprian,
    I think that if you are using the release version of Xindice you
need to apply a patch to have them work succesfully, look at the email:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-users&m=102521421825423&w=2

After I applied those modifications they worked for me.
(I had to unjar xindice.jar, modify the source code manually, then
re-jar it).

Luca

Re: list_xmlobjects vs invoke

Posted by Ciprian Popovici <ci...@sap.ro>.
Did anybody at all manage to use (create, invoke) XMLObjects
succesfully? I've been trying the examples in the manual on several
machines and they don't work. I either add an object and I can't
invoke it, or can't add an object because it's "duplicate", even if
it's the first time I'm adding it.

Either I don't grasp the fine art of XMLObjects usage, or there's
something wrong with Xindice. I'd like to know which one it is, if
anyone can enlighten me.

Tuesday, July 16, 2002, 16:22:51, Ciprian Popovici <ci...@sap.ro> wrote:

> How is it possible to see an XMLObject in the list for
> 'list_xmlobjects' and still receive "XMLObject Not Found" upon invoke?

> Here's what I run:

>> xindiceadmin add_xmlobject -c /db/test -i org.apache.xindice.examples.HelloWorldXMLObject -n MyObj
> CREATED : XMLObject MyObj
>> xindice lo -c /db/test
> XMLObjects:
> MyObj
> Total XMLObjects: 1
>> xindice invoke -c /db/test -o MyObj/crush?rock=boulder -v
> Collectionstring = xmldb:xindice:///db/test
> XMLObject URI = xindice://db/test/MyObj/
> ERROR : XMLObject Not Found
DEBUG>>
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: XMLObject Not Found
>         at org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:239)
>         at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XMLObjectService.invokeXMLObject(XMLObjectService.java:128)
>         at org.apache.xindice.tools.command.InvokeXmlObject.execute(InvokeXmlObject.java:113)
>         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
>         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
>         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLUserTools.main(XMLUserTools.java:98)

> --Ciprian Popovici

--Ciprian