Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/08 12:20:07 UTC

Coordinated renaming of master branches in all of our repositories

Hello,

I think we need some coordination in the renaming of master branches to
main in all of our repositories.

I think we need to come up to INFRA with a list of repos we want to move to
main.

Then we need to check every reference in Jenkins or gh actions and align.

It doesn't really make sense to rename just a couple of repositories in
subprojects of the ecosystem.

So I think we need to list what repositories are now missing.

We have:
camel-quarkus done
camel-website done

We are missing:
camel
camel-example (x 3)
camel-k
camel-k-examples
camel-k-runtime
camel-kafka-connector
camel-kafka-connector-examples
camel-performance-tests

probably more. I need to complete the list.

Thoughts?

Re: Coordinated renaming of master branches in all of our repositories

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 7:32 PM Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only way I see is dropping the master branch from your local repository

Ha yeah that is actually the solution.

> Il lun 26 apr 2021, 19:30 Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Old habits die hard, I just pushed a commit to master.
> >
> > I wonder if there is maybe a way to make that invalid or that "master"
> > branch is locked or something, so you get an error, and then remember
> > its main instead.
> > Anyone know of what others may have done with this problem.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I think we need some coordination in the renaming of master branches to
> > > main in all of our repositories.
> > >
> > > I think we need to come up to INFRA with a list of repos we want to move
> > > main.
> > >
> > > Then we need to check every reference in Jenkins or gh actions and align.
> > >
> > > It doesn't really make sense to rename just a couple of repositories in
> > > subprojects of the ecosystem.
> > >
> > > So I think we need to list what repositories are now missing.
> > >
> > > We have:
> > > camel-quarkus done
> > > camel-website done
> > >
> > > We are missing:
> > > camel
> > > camel-example (x 3)
> > > camel-k
> > > camel-k-examples
> > > camel-k-runtime
> > > camel-kafka-connector
> > > camel-kafka-connector-examples
> > > camel-performance-tests
> > >
> > > probably more. I need to complete the list.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
For me it was the only way. I get an error when I try to push to master in
this way

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
This should work as well:

$ git fetch —all
$ git checkout main

Regards
JB

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the update !

Regards
JB

> Le 21 avr. 2021 à 08:30, Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> a écrit :
>
> Hello everybody.
>
> The migration from master to main has been done on all repository.
>
> I'm going through the repository and trying to fix references to master branches.
>
> If you notice something, please open an issue, open a PR or fix directly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:34:20 AM GMT+2, Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> I went ahead and opened the infra issue

> For the next time it would be really better if this kind of issue would be coordinated between all the subprojects, otherwise it will be a mess to track.
>

> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:10:32 AM GMT+2, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>

> +1, thanks for tackling this.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>> Le 13 avr. 2021 à 10:28, Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Yeah, i was considering them as part of the camel point. But yeah. I'll
>> open the infra issue soon, probably end of the week.
>>
>> Il mar 13 apr 2021, 10:24 Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>>> I did not see SB / karaf on that list, and we can expand the 3
>>> examples, so the list should be added with
>>>
>>> camel-spring-boot
>>> camel-karaf
>>> camel-examples
>>> camel-spring-boot-examples