Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by "john@apache" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/04/10 09:30:10 UTC

notification module discussion

Hi all,

I had a talk with William and Alex about the notification module.

Here is the notes:

   1. There should be a standalone alert service, which is indenpendent on
   griffin
   2. the service is to address:
      1. who want to be alerted
      2. in a certain channel, such as email, slack and sms.
      3. on when a pre-defined condition matched, RULE
      4. with a pre-defined content, Template + ValueObject
   3. Condidtion is defined by:
      1. RULE, an expression which can be evaluated on
      2. data, which is retrieved by a data-svc (REST-API)
      3. RULE could be a *DSL* eventually
      4. data-svc is polling by framework
   4. the *Condition* could be a SPI abstraction, so client can leverage it
   locally. So in case that the condition matched, the following action could
   be triggered in a *PUSH* way.
   5. We will focus more on the exception-detection, such <95%, rather than
   a periodically reporting alertion.

I also update it to here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/editpage.action?pageId=68722664

Please let me know if you have comments/concern on this.

Re: notification module discussion

Posted by Alex Lv <lu...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you, John

发自我的 iPhone