Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Joe F <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/30 23:43:24 UTC

Podling report draft - please review

I based this mostly on Dave's initial writeup.

I don't have edit acess to the wiki yet, I have requested for it. Please
respond with corrections or comments.  I will update the wiki when I get
access.

Should we add the rocksdb question as an issue to be aware of?

Cheers,
Joe

Pulsar

Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
for
subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.

Pulsar has been incubating since 2017-06-01.

  1.Finish onboarding the PPMC. We have 11 of 16 fully in place. With two
more close to setup.
  2.Make an Apache release.
  3.Grow the community with new Committers/PPMC members.

aware of?

None

This is the first report. All but one of the 16 initial Committers have
participated in one way or another.
The existing Pulsar Github was moved to an Apache Github/GitBox setup.
Development discussions are happening on the dev list.

The project cut a v1.18 release with the old organization just before
conversion.
The SGA has been received, the code switch to org.apache.pulsar and the
license/copyright modified.

10 authors have pushed 82 commits to the project in the last 30 days.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

  [x] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  2017-06-17,  v1.18

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

No one has been added in the last 30 days.

Re: Podling report draft - please review

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting the report in on time. This is the reporting schedule:

Wed July 05
Podling reports due by end of day
Sun July 09
Shepherd reviews due by end of day
Sun July 09
Summary due by end of day
Tue July 11
Mentor signoff due by end of day
Wed July 12
Report submitted to Board
Wed July 19
Board meeting

Note that Shepherds are additional Incubator PMC and volunteers who may look into podlings. They can be helpful if mentors are not engaged. Currently no shepherd has been assigned to Pulsar for this report.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Joe F <jo...@apache.org>.
Mentors,