Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 00:25:36 UTC

How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Hi All,
  I would like to ask you how I can update Felix framework to version 5.0.0?
Where I have to copy the jar and what settings I have to make?

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Posted by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com>.
Any help is highly appreciated!

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Posted by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for saving me a lot of issues and time.

I tested my application with Karaf 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

So far the only issue is the welcome text which is displayed incorrectly but
I hope that this will be fixed.

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
you'll need the apache snapshot repo:

<repository>
<id>apache-snapshot</id>
<name>Apache Snapshots</name>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group</url>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
<releases>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</releases>
</repository>

regards, Achim

> Look like I have wrong repository configuration.
>
> Could not find artifact
> org.apache.karaf.shell:org.apache.karaf.shell.console:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
> glassfish-repo (http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/) -> [Help 1]
>
> Which repository I have to configure to get this jar?

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's there:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/

As this repo is periodically cleaned up, I will deploy a new SNAPSHOT.

Regards
JB

On 05/12/2015 02:02 PM, rcbandit wrote:
> Look like I have wrong repository configuration.
>
> Could not find artifact
> org.apache.karaf.shell:org.apache.karaf.shell.console:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
> glassfish-repo (http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/) -> [Help 1]
>
> Which repository I have to configure to get this jar?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It should be 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT (as 4.0.0 has not been released yet).

Where do you see this dependency ?

The 4.0.0.M3 version will be released this week (we are investigating an
issue with the features resolver). 4.0.0 should be out 2 or 3 weeks
later max.

Regards
JB

On 05/12/2015 01:49 PM, rcbandit wrote:
> Karaf 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT works but I have a problem when I try to import
>
> <dependency>
>              <groupId>org.apache.karaf.shell</groupId>
>              <artifactId>org.apache.karaf.shell.console</artifactId>
>              <version>4.0.0</version>
>              <type>jar</type>
>          </dependency>
>
> I can't fins this artifact on the repository.
>
> Maybe it's not yet released?
>
> By the way when you expect official Karaf 4.0.0?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Re: How to update Felix to 5.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Karaf 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT already uses Felix Framework 5.0.0.

On which version do you want to update ?

However, we've detected an issue with this version (due to the new
resolver) around dynamic import.

Regards
JB