Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 17:09:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] DELTASPIKE-288

hi @ all,

i pushed a first draft for DELTASPIKE-288.
i started with the original api provided by codi and improved (+ prepared)
some parts based on a short discussion with brian and mark.

as soon as we have the final api and spi, i'll start with the final
integration with jsf.

right now we have the first steps for:
 - type-safe config and navigation (+ event)
 - folder support
 - new meta-model which allows to change the meta-data during the
bootstrapping process. (it's the basis for the final (fixed) meta-data
representation.)
 - @Page and @Folder are optional (they get added dynamically during the
bootstrapping process, if they aren't in place)
 - no conceptual difference between meta-data provided by the framework and
custom meta-data
 - no conceptual difference between callbacks provided by the framework and
custom callbacks
 - view-config meta-data from codi (e.g.: @PageBean and @PageParameter)
 - callbacks from codi (e.g.: @PreRenderView and @Secured)
 - (optional) helpers from codi for manual/dynamic use-cases (e.g.:
ViewNavigationHandler and PageParameterContext)

there are still a lot of todos and some parts which aren't implemented.
since there are a lot of constellations we have to support, i'll start a
step-by-step discussion next week.
you are welcome to look at the current api + spi as well as the use-cases +
tests i've pushed (to see the basic direction).

regards,
gerhard

Re: [DISCUSS] DELTASPIKE-288

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <zo...@gmail.com>.
oh, you'r right. It's ok for me :)

Re: [DISCUSS] DELTASPIKE-288

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi thomas,

Re: [DISCUSS] DELTASPIKE-288

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] DELTASPIKE-288

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi thomas,

yes - i did it already in a local branch.
i planned to push it after a 2nd review of the new approach.
(we need the window-context from mark to finish the missing parts and i
would like to finish them before the 2nd review.)

regards,
gerhard

Re: [DISCUSS] DELTASPIKE-288

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.