Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Ringold <be...@hypotheticalsoftware.com> on 2006/04/17 03:23:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Loading Mod_Python module generates error:: "undefined symbol: apr_table_compress"

Pardon,

I've just installed mod_python-3.2.8 from source.  The installation went fairly smoothly, but I now receive the following error on httpd startup:

Syntax error on line 214 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_python.so into server: /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_python.so: undefined symbol: apr_table_compress

line 214 of the conf file is the LoadModule python_module call.

The environment is:
Redhat 9
httpd version: Apache/2.0.40
mod_python-3.2.8
Python 2.3

I found a few references that suggest the problem is because mod_python-3.2.8 requires Apache 2.0.47+ although the documentation says 2.0.40 is supported.

I have tried updating to apr_util-0.9.7-1 via rpm, and then recompiling mod_python, but the results were identical.

Thanks in advance.

Ben Ringold
Hypothetical Software

Sent via the WebMail system at hypotheticalsoftware.com