Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dan O'Neill <do...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/24 13:16:24 UTC

Simple question....

I'm tired trying to get them to work. Do Client-side service-specific
handlers work? If you put them in client-config.wsdd? I know that if I
change them to global they work?

I've got some working by using setClientHandlers() in the client code
but I don't always have the luxury of changing people's java client?

Re: Simple question....

Posted by Dan O'Neill <do...@gmail.com>.
Well not really.... I catch errors messages about services... The
users rate how well they felt the service processed the data... Work
out the uptime of services etc. The speed of the service related to
other services that do the same thing... Etc,

I don't really know the parts that others are doing but Its a very
interesting project/application if nothing else.

And your right alot of it does come down to how well you design the system.

Dan

--
Classic Family Guy.....

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle i find, i shall KILL you." - Stewie
"And Joe, I've had new neighbors before, but none of them were half
the man you are. Since you're half a man already, that splits them
into some kind of fraction I can't even measure." - Peter
"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." Quagmire
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began
to know what I was talking about." - Peter

Re: Simple question....

Posted by Elaine Nance <el...@commerce.state.ak.us>.

--
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  |  Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
  |                                 --  Pablo Picasso  --
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Simple question....

Posted by Dan O'Neill <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Simple question....

Posted by Elaine Nance <el...@commerce.state.ak.us>.
Scott,

I'm really a newbie to SOAP and Java, but I'd probably use a
resource file and make it as simple as possible.

For example:
resource location	true/false

But I find that the simplest method which completely solves a
problem is usually the best.  Unnecessary complexity in software
should be against the law, except it's even worse to write
unmaintainable code.

Elaine

--
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  |  Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
  |                                 --  Pablo Picasso  --
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Simple question....

Posted by Scott Wilson <s....@bangor.ac.uk>.
Hi Elaine,

Re: Simple question....

Posted by Elaine Nance <el...@commerce.state.ak.us>.
Dan,

Dan O'Neill wrote:
> I'm tired trying to get them to work. Do Client-side service-specific
> handlers work? If you put them in client-config.wsdd? I know that if I
> change them to global they work?
>
> I've got some working by using setClientHandlers() in the client code
> but I don't always have the luxury of changing people's java client?

  |  Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
  |                                 --  Pablo Picasso  --