Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org> on 2008/07/08 10:29:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Hi Everyone,

Archiva 1.1 has been staged for release. The binaries, sources, checksums
and signatures can be downloaded at:

http://people.apache.org/builds/archiva/1.1/

This release consists of new features such as web UI form for uploading
artifacts, virtual repositories and RSS feeds.
The webdav module has also been migrated to Jackrabbit and lots of bug fixes
are included. You can view the release notes here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=13861&styleName=Text&projectId=10980&Create=Create
or
http://people.apache.org/~oching/stage-repo/archiva-site-1.1/release-notes.html

While the site is staged here:

http://people.apache.org/~oching/stage-repo/archiva-site-1.1/

Everyone is encouraged to vote and give their feedback :)

[ ]  +1  Release it!
[ ]   0
[ ]  -1  Don't release it, because...

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks,
Deng

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
I think we do if we're going to redo the release :)

-Deng

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
Yep. Lets redo it.

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Everyone,

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
I volunteered to document that discussion but haven't found the time yet..

Anyway, just to finalize this release.. the problematic 1.1 rc won't be
released because of the blocker issues
found. 1.1 will be unreleased in jira and the issues under 1.1.1 will be
moved to 1.1 and the first 1.1 tag will be
renamed to its revision number.

Thanks,
Deng

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Thus, we unrelease the 1.1 in Jira, we move 1.1.1 in it and we relaunch the
1.1 release when we are ready ?

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hehe, I *thought* I was having deja vu... we did already agree to follow
> that style, not the httpd one. [1]
>
> Though that was also in the context of milestones, and in the end we ended
> up getting all the way to 1.1. Does anyone think we need to reconsider in
> light of that, and the issue with the release?
>
> I'm fine with either style. After due consideration, the only thing I'm not
> in favour of is releasing/announcing the binaries of the current 1.1 build
> since it would cause too much confusion.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/xijhr4tq5ktfu33z
>

> On 11/07/2008, at 6:24 PM, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
>
>  I'm also against the idea to have a 1.1.1 without 1.1. It was the coice we
>> made for the release process (eclipse like vs httpd like)
>> The only blocker thing I see with the actual 1.1 is the problem to merge
>> metadata.
>> I didn't check if it is fixed but if this was done I'm in favor to include
>> it in 1.1
>> If we don't know when we'll be able to fix it, we continue the release and
>> we document the issue.
>>
>> Arnaud
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Emmanuel Venisse <
>> emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Will you rename 1.1.1 to 1.1?
>>> I don't like the idea to release a 1.1.1 without a 1.1 before.
>>>
>>> Emmanuel
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Based on all the discussion, my preference is to cancel the vote, not

> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by jo...@att.blackberry.net.
/me tosses some coke onto the campfire...

(disclaimer: I have not yet read the linked discussions on release process)

If we had a more Eclipse-like nightlies, we could vote on/bless a specific nightly and then cause a release on that specific build.

Course this is very RC-like, so it'll likely get poo-poo'd by others here.  ;-)

-Joakim
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Will you rename 1.1.1 to 1.1?

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Everyone,

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
+1

Emmanuel

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
+1 Oh yeah!

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org> wrote:

> I ran through the binaries and here are some of my findings:
> 1. the source bundle builds successfully
> 2. in the repo groups page, the line in the footer seems to be broken
> 3. upload form is working nicely (tested with released & snapshot
> artifacts)

:D

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.1

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.