Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Shobha <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 14:01:21 UTC

nutch

Am using nutch 1.2,cygwin

when i execute ./bin/nutch am getting this error..plz help

$ ./bin/nutch crawl
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/nutch/crawl/Crawl
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl
Could not find the main class: org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.  Program will exit.
Exception in thread "main"

Re: nutch

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
+1
Please use latest nutch 1.6.
Then, if you still see the same problem, to start debugging the issue,
print the invocation statement in bin/nutch script. ie. add this at the end
in the script:
echo `$EXEC_CALL $CLASS "$@"`

This will show you all the classpath entires. My initial guess is that you
have some directory structure (java home or nutch) with its name having a
space character.

PS: Cygwin is a *horrible* way around for working on shell. In all honesty
there is no substitute for linux rather than running linux :)

Re: nutch

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shobha,

--