Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Christian Kreutz <kr...@screenwave.de> on 2003/06/05 11:06:11 UTC

Implement Lenya with Apache

Hi there,

I try to implement Lenya with Apache webserver with mod_jk.
Lenya works fine on our server but all
Pubs are now password protect which leads me to my
first question: How do I have to change the
policies to have access from the web as a reader and
editor? Is there an interface to change or add users?

Secondly I want to ask whether anybody knows a good
documentation for virtual hosts from apache to cocoon/lenya?
I want to direct part of my web project
to lenya and other parts to a outside directory
for php usage.
I changed settings in server.xml and setup a virtual
 host in httpd.conf but so far it is not splitting
to both directories.

Thanks for any help.

Christian

RE: Implement Lenya with Apache

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

I try to implement Lenya with Apache webserver with mod_jk.
Lenya works fine on our server but all
Pubs are now password protect which leads me to my
first question: How do I have to change the
policies to have access from the web as a reader and
editor? Is there an interface to change or add users?
<<

check policies-sitemap.xmap in your publication

Secondly I want to ask whether anybody knows a good
documentation for virtual hosts from apache to cocoon/lenya?
I want to direct part of my web project
to lenya and other parts to a outside directory
for php usage.
I changed settings in server.xml and setup a virtual
 host in httpd.conf but so far it is not splitting
to both directories.
<<

we had good results with mod_proxy. here is our config
for demo.wyona.org

<VirtualHost 195.226.6.68>
    ServerAdmin gregor.rothfuss@wyona.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/demo.wyona.org/app
    ServerName demo.wyona.org
    ErrorLog /var/www/demo.wyona.org/log/error_log
    CustomLog /var/www/demo.wyona.org/log/access_log combined
    ProxyPass           /lenya/  http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/
    ProxyPassReverse    /lenya/  http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/
</VirtualHost>