Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ayusman dikshit <Ay...@infosys.com> on 2005/08/24 15:27:49 UTC

Re: editor for Tomcat and struts

Hi list,
I am new to Struts.
I am using Tomcat5.0 and Struts 1.1 to learn.
Of late I feel I should use an IDE.
Could any on suggest good IDE that would help me to
start building my applications a little easily and an accepted
Enterprise level IDE.
I want an IDE that would be easy to grasp and I can download from
internet.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: editor for Tomcat and struts

Posted by Letícia Álvares Barbalho <le...@gmail.com>.
I suggest netbeans (http://www.netbeans.org/), which I think is easy to use
and complete. You could also easily use Eclipse, but you'd have to be
looking for plugins all the time.

On 8/24/05, Ayusman dikshit <Ay...@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I am new to Struts.
> I am using Tomcat5.0 and Struts 1.1 to learn.
> Of late I feel I should use an IDE.
> Could any on suggest good IDE that would help me to
> start building my applications a little easily and an accepted
> Enterprise level IDE.
> I want an IDE that would be easy to grasp and I can download from
> internet.
>
> Any suggestions would be a great help.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
> on the Infosys e-mail system.

Letícia Álvares Barbalho
leticia.barbalho@gmail.com

Re: editor for Tomcat and struts

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
IDEA from Jetbrains is the bomb.

Version 5.0.1 came out this week and just continues to amaze me.

Larry

Posted by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
+1 for Sysdeo.  It is excellent.

myeclipseide - for the jsp editing, struts management ... (as well as a
whole host of extra features)

http://www.eclipse.org/

Gareth

Ayusman dikshit wrote:

> Hi list,
> I am new to Struts.
> I am using Tomcat5.0 and Struts 1.1 to learn.
> Of late I feel I should use an IDE.
> Could any on suggest good IDE that would help me to
> start building my applications a little easily and an accepted
> Enterprise level IDE.
> I want an IDE that would be easy to grasp and I can download from
> internet.
>
> Any suggestions would be a great help.
>
> Thanks in advance.

solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
on the Infosys e-mail system.

Gareth Evans

MSoft eSolutions Limited
Technology Centre
Inward Way
Rossmore Business Park
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
CH65 3EN

--
Tel:    +44 (0)870 0100 704
Fax:    +44 (0)870 9010 705

Terms:
Please note that any prices quoted within this e-mail are subject to VAT.
All program details and code described in this e-mail are subject to
copyright © of MSoft eSolutions Limited and remain the intellectual
property of MSoft eSolutions Limited.
Any proposal or pricing information contained within this e-mail are
subject to MSoft eSolutions' Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message. MSoft eSolutions Limited cannot accept responsibility for viruses,
so please scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of MSoft eSolutions Limited who will not
necessarily be bound by its contents.

Re: editor for Tomcat and struts

Posted by Gareth Evans <ga...@msoft.co.uk>.
I'd suggest eclipse,