Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Brian Fox <br...@apache.org> on 2009/01/11 01:48:37 UTC

[ANN] Maven Clean Plugin 2.3 and Shared File Management 1.2.1 released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Clean Plugin, version 2.3

This plugin is used to delete artifacts to provide a clean build.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
 <version>2.3</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Clean Plugin - Version 2.3
** Sub-task
    * [MCLEAN-35] - Upgrade plexus-utils to a new version

** Bug
    * [MCLEAN-28] - maven-clean-plugin doesn't delete directories with
symlinks in them
    * [MCLEAN-29] - Maven clean plugin doesn't filter resources from
exclude list
    * [MCLEAN-31] - Always resolve relative path against the project's
base directory
    * [MCLEAN-34] - NPE when forcing delete of directory
    * [MCLEAN-36] - filesets with an absolute path directory are
ignored when !project.isExecutionRoot()

** Improvement
    * [MCLEAN-37] - Make verbose mode default to Maven's global debug mode

** New Feature
    * [MCLEAN-33] - Cannot Supress Default clean while still cleaning

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

RE: [ANN] Maven Clean Plugin 2.3 and Shared File Management 1.2.1 released

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
Thanks for the heads up Brian - just wondering, can I now configure this
plugin to delete things outside of the project's known directories?

We're using a product here that requires artifacts be installed into a
directory outside of the world maven knows about.  It'd be nice to have
this plugin delete these items (I've written a "really-clean" plugin
that we're testing now for this).

Thank you!

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Congrats on the release!

Usage page <http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/usage.html>refers
to the previous version. It would be nice if it pointed to the latest
one (or maybe even leave out version reference completely). Is
site/documentation "refresh" part of the release procedure? Couldn't it be
automated?