Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by z-...@web.de on 2006/08/02 17:19:41 UTC

Re: Re: Cocoon Portal / Roles

Thanks for your reply Carsten,

the role based approach doesn't work in my case. The following configuration doesn't work:
copletinstancedata/portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml
                  /portal-user-anonymous.xml
                  /portal.xml

layout/portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml
      /portal-user-anonymous.xml
      /portal.xml
The global profile is always loaded. The configuration with "portal-user-USER_NAME.xml" instead of "portal-role-NAME_OF_ROLE.xml" works as expected. The user with the according role is defined in "sunrise-user.xml".
Authentication actions in the sitemap are from "org.apache.cocoon.auth.acting.*".

Regards,

Wadim

-- Carsten Ziegeler wrote :
Wadim Kruse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same issue, as in:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115319517009528&w=2
>
> Does the role based view work in the new portal block ? (Cocoon
> 2.1.10-dev, OS: Ubuntu 6.06, Java: 1.5.0_06 ) If so, how ?
> If I define copletdata, copletinstancedata and layout per user,
> it works.

The role based approach "should" work :) However, the approach might be
a little different than you expect: *if* the user has an own profil this
one is used and *only if* the user does not have an own profil, the
profil of the user's role is used (and if that one is not present, the
global one is used). So there is no merging between profiles yet.

HTH
Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

This message was sent on behalf of z-cool@web.de at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/users@cocoon.apache.org/4550834.html

Re: Re: Cocoon Portal / Roles

Posted by z-...@web.de.
Ralph,

thanks a lot, it works now!

Regards,

Wadim

-- Ralph Goers wrote :
Carsten's answer was incorrect.  The default authentication manager is
now the GroupBasedProfileManager. This first looks at the user, then the
group and then the global definition. Roles aren't used at all here.
Unfortunately, authenticate.xsl doesn't copy the group so in actuality
you only can have a user and a global profile.

To get role based layouts you need to use the
AuthenticationProfileManager.  Just find GroupBasedProfileManager and
replace it with AuthenticationProfileManager in cocoon.xconf.  However,
even then the order is user, role, global - not role, user, global.

Ralph

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/users@cocoon.apache.org/4592352.html

Re: Cocoon Portal / Roles

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.