Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brad Schick <sc...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/09 19:51:20 UTC

propget/proplist abort early

I am running svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581), compiled Oct 23 2004,
14:47:47 on WinXP Pro SP2.

I have a few generated .cpp files that are created in a repository
directory, but are not under version control. When I run either
"svn proplist *.cpp" or "svn propset [props] *.cpp", svn aborts
as soon as it hits a file not under version control. I tried the
--force flag but it changed nothing. This is the message:

   svn: 'file.cpp' is not under version control

It seems like proplist and company should just ignore unversioned
files and continue. It is error prone to have *.cpp abort early
on propset operations (particularly because the svn's message
sounds more like simple info than an aborting error).

Thanks,
-Brad