Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dlhccc SUBCON5 <dl...@st.com> on 2008/08/29 13:03:02 UTC

Please help on PPT problem (Urgent!!!)

Hello User,

I'm using poi for the fist time to create a ppt file.
I'm able to create the file, but the problem is that the master slide background is not coming on the new created slide, this problem appear when I open the ppt file with Microsoft powerpoint, with Open Office it's showing the master slide back ground setting.

That means compatibility issue with microsoft powerpoint!

Can some body please help me on this topic.  Same file open with Open office shows the master slide setting on the slide, if open with microsoft power point, don't see the master slide settings. Why??????????????

As it's very urgent for me!!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Norboo

RE: How to insert hyperlinlk in PPT?

Posted by Dlhccc SUBCON5 <dl...@st.com>.
Hello Yegor,

I'm too young to support you, as I'm new to Java, I think it'll be very tough to understand all the APIs and implement.

Can you please tell me , when you can work on it or somebody will work on it? As we are looking for this solution desperately.

Though, can you tell me how much time I need to spend on the implementation, if I try to support you? What level of expertise need to understand existing API and framework?

Best Regards

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.

Re: Please help on PPT problem (Urgent!!!)

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Are you using a template ppt?

Try the following trick:

SlideMaster mainMaster = ppt.getSlidesMasters()[0];

Slide slide = ppt.createSlide();
slide.setMasterSheet(mainMaster);

If it doesn't work, create a bug in bugzilla and attach sample code to reproduce the problem.

Yegor