Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/31 15:17:55 UTC

Package naming conflict of Qpid client in OSGi environment

Hi devs,

Couple of days back I was trying to use the Qpid Java client in an OSGi
environment, so I had to use the following jars

   - geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar
   - qpid-client-1.0-incubating-M2.1.jar
   - qpid-common-1.0-incubating-M2.1.jar
   - slf4j-api-1.4.0.jar
   - slf4j-log4j12-1.4.0.jar
   - mina-core-1.0.1.jar
   - commons-collections-3.2.jar
   - commons-lang-2.1.jar

In the list the versions are older but I have used the artifacts in 0.6
release from the lib directory of qpid-java broker distribution.

If we have a look in to the packaging in qpid-common jar and mina-core jar
they have the same package names with org.apache.mina.filter, and it's
obvious that mina-core artifact is having a packaging called
org.apache.mina.filter but I wonder why do we use the same packaging in our
qpid-common jar ? So this package naming conflict will cause a class loading
issue in an OSGi environment and what i did was I merged two jars and used a
single artifact instead of those two jars, but I do not think that is a good
solution.

IMHO, it's good to rename the org.apache.mina.filter packaging inside the
qpid-common jar in to org.apache.qpid.mina.filter !

WDYT ?

Lahiru

--
Apache Qpid, Worlds dominant messaging middleware..!!!

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc