Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dabboo <ag...@sapient.com> on 2009/03/18 10:45:44 UTC

Index Creation Exception in solr

Hi,

I am creating indexes in Solr and facing an unusual issue.

I am creating 5 indexes and xml file of 4th index is malformed. So, while
creating indexes it properly submits index #1, 2 & 3 and throws exception
after submission of index 4.

Now, if I look for index #1,2 & 3, it doesnt show up, which I think is
happening because the operation is not committed yet. But these indexes must
be lying somewhere temporarily in the Solr and I am not able to delete these

Please suggest as where I can find these indexes and delete them.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Index Creation Exception in solr

Posted by Toby Cole <to...@semantico.com>.
If you're using a recent 1.4-snapshot you should be able to do a
rollback: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-670
Otherwise, if you have unique IDs in your index, you can just post new
documents over the top of the old ones then commit.
Toby.

On 18 Mar 2009, at 10:19, dabboo wrote:

> But if I already have some indexes in the index folder then these
> old indexes
> will also get deleted. Is there any way to roll back the operation.
>

> Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM, dabboo <ag...@sapient.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am creating indexes in Solr and facing an unusual issue.
>>>
>>> I am creating 5 indexes and xml file of 4th index is malformed.
>>> So, while
>>> creating indexes it properly submits index #1, 2 & 3 and throws
>>> exception
>>> after submission of index 4.
>>

>> I think you mean documents not indexes. Each document goes into the
>> Lucene/Solr index.
>>

>>> Now, if I look for index #1,2 & 3, it doesnt show up, which I
>>> think is
>>> happening because the operation is not committed yet. But these
>>> must
>>> be lying somewhere temporarily in the Solr and I am not able to
>>> delete
>>> these
>>

>> Just delete the <your_solr_home/data/index directory.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Toby Cole