Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by jinjianmin <i....@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 12:10:13 UTC

is there any reference tells me how to configure Qpid route with SSL Authentication over internet?

we have to deploy some of our Qpid broker server over internet and some
within company, is there any document or tutorial tells me how to config the
qpid route , how to use SSL?

Re: is there any reference tells me how to configure Qpid route with SSL Authentication over internet?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 07/09/2012 11:10 AM, jinjianmin wrote:
> we have to deploy some of our Qpid broker server over internet and some
> within company, is there any document or tutorial tells me how to config the
> qpid route , how to use SSL?

You can use the -t/--transport option to qpid-route to specify 'ssl',
and if you which to rely on SSL for client authentication you can
specify EXTERNAL as the value for --client-sasl-mechanism. Note that to
force client authentication in the SSL handshake you also need to
specify the --ssl-require-client-authentication option to qpidd.

There is some information about basic SSL setup (doesn't cover
qpid-route) in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/SSL.
I would test setup with a regular client first, then when thats working
have the brokers connect to each other over SSL.