Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/29 21:37:14 UTC

Warnings in pom.xml files of a multi-module project

Folks,

I have the following setup:

Windows 10 Pro - latest updates
JDK 17 (JDK 11, JDK 8 defined for legacy projects)
Netbeans 15 (voting candidate) installed from zip

I did not import any settings from NetBeans 14.

I have the following project structure to build with JDK 8:

Aggregator
|--- pom.xml
+--- Module_1
      |---- pom.xml
+--- Module_2
      |---- pom.xml
+--- Module_3
      |---- pom.xml

The parent definition in the modules are:

<parent>
	<groupId>some.organization</groupId>
	<artifactId>Aggregator</artifactId>
	<versionId>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</versionId>
</parent>

<artifact>Module_n</artifact>
<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>(jar or war)</packaging>

where n = [1,2,3].

The Aggregator project:

<parent>
     <groupId>some.organization</groupId>
     <artifactId>someConfig</artifactId>
     <versionId>2.1.0</versionId>
</parent>

<artifact>Aggregator</artifact>
<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>

In each of the modules, I get the following warning in my pom.xml files:

'parent.relativePath' of some.organization:Module_n:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
points to some.organization:Module_n instead of
some.organization:Aggreagator, please verify your project structure.

This occurs for n = [1,2,3].

This also occurs with a zip-installed copy of NetBeans 14 on Windows.

I do not get this warning when running the same setup on Ubuntu 22.04
with either the SNAP-installed NetBeans 14 or a zip-installed NetBeans 15.

What am I missing?

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

Re: Warnings in pom.xml files of a multi-module project

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
The warning does not appear when the project is opened in either
NetBeans 12.6 or 13 when running under JDK 11 on Windows 10 Professional.

It does appear when running NetBeans 14 or 15 (vc) when running on
either JDK 11 or JDK 17.

I guess I should write up how to reproduce the issue and file a bug.

If anyone can give me a clue as to where to start looking for Maven pom
parsing, I can try to see what changed.

I also tried using different versions of Maven.

I also tried clearing the cache.

I also tried a completely clean user directory.

Multi-module projects that open cleanly in NetBeans 12.6 and 13 generate
the parent.relativePath warning in NetBeans 14 and 15 (vc).

. . . just my two cents
/mde/