Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Kaizer <Ka...@mastek.com> on 2007/11/21 08:17:15 UTC

Accessing repository from a remote client machine

Hi,

In some parts of my program my rich client would need access of the
repository. Following restrictions are there.

-  My client side code should not change because the repository is accessed
remotely

-  I cannot expose any other port on the server other than 80/443 (http(s)).

-  We are using OCM.

-  We also need the repository being accessed on the server side.

I am now confused as to which of modules should I be using? Should it be
webdav or SPI or a combination or something else altogether? Basically I
want to get the handle of Repository object without the knowledge of the
protocol used for accessing the same.

Typical use case steps on client side is as follows

1.      Get the repository object from a cache
2.      Either retrieve, save, update or delete in the repository. Typically
it would be restricted to retrieval of object(s).

Thanks,

Regards
Kaizer