Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Developer Abe <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/03 19:40:09 UTC

Including Maven project in ant build

I have a web based app (using appfuse) which is built by Maven.

I am trying to deploy the project in a large scale build environment which
is using Ant exclusively.  The build engineers are hesitant about using
Maven because they do not have any expertise in Maven.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to incorporate my web module into
the overall Ant build.

I am not a Ant build guru by any means.

I looked into the exec task but I was wondering how it would notify the ant
build of test failures when running Maven tasks.

Abe

Re: Including Maven project in ant build

Posted by Developer Abe <de...@gmail.com>.
Currently, the build engineers have a lot of ant build scripts which build
the entire suite of applications that are being developed.  My project is a
separate module that is a part of the application suite.

When the build process runs all of the applications need to be built
including mine.  The build engineers want to utilize the maven commands that
I am using to build myapplication and run tests but they do not want to
convert all of the Ant scripts to Maven thus requiring Ant to call Maven for
my module only.

I am hoping that the ant tasks for Maven will work.  If not I will fall back
to the exec task.

Merci Encore,
Abe

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le vendredi 3 août 2007, Developer Abe a écrit :
> I quickly glanced through the ant tasks docs.  I will revist the docs.
>
> What I am hoping for is a way to incorporate an ant build script which
> calls specific tasks in Maven and can return the result of the tasks back
> to my project-level ant build script so the overall ant build is aware of
> test failures or build success.
You'll have to vote for MANTTASKS-71.
I don't understand how launching Maven through Ant will change anything for
your build engineers: if you build your app with Maven, launching Maven by
Ant won't change anything.

Now, if you launch mvn or mvn.bat with exec task, you'll have to set
resultproperty attribute, which is documented as follow: "the name of a
property in which the return code of the command should be stored. Only of
interest if failonerror=false."

> Merci Beaucoup,
de rien

Hervé