Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by AnantaS <an...@tarangtech.com> on 2001/04/29 21:48:26 UTC

Load balancing

Hi,

I am having some problem with apache and tomcat.=20
Problem is as follows:

I have two tomcat server installed in two machine. Let's say 'A' and =
'B'.
Two apache server installed in two different machine , say 'C' and 'D'.
I have configured them and they all working fine.  I have done this =
setup to achive load balancing.=20
For apache and tomcat communication I am using mod_jk. Now the proble is =
how to handle the sessions.
What I want is a request from a user should be handled by the same =
tomcat server during the session.
Whenever any request comes from any user there is a load balancer which =
will direct the request to one of the apache server based on the load.
Now it's the job of the apache server to redirect the request to correct =
tomcat server.

I am not able to achive this.=20

Please let me know where is the problem and how to fix it.

Thnaks,
Ananta

Re: Load balancing

Posted by Kumar Vijayaratnam <ku...@sourceree.com>.
Hi Ananta,

Could you please provide your example configurations... Are you running
tomcat and apache on two seperate servers ?. I have been trying get Tomcat
and Apache to run on separate machines like you have  for some time withouth
success

Thanks
Kumar