Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "McGranahan, Jamen" <ja...@Vanderbilt.Edu> on 2012/04/10 22:31:50 UTC

new / tests to verify

Sorry for the newbie question here, but are there any test messages we can use to verify our spamassassin installation is working correctly?  I installed the most current stable version just today on a RedHat 5 box and updated it, but would like to test it to verify it is working correctly. Is this possible?

-- Jamen

Re: new / tests to verify

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 04/10/2012 10:59 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 4/10/2012 4:31 PM, McGranahan, Jamen wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for the newbie question here, but are there any test messages we
>> can use to verify our spamassassin installation is working correctly?
>> I installed the most current stable version just today on a RedHat 5
>> box and updated it, but would like to test it to verify it is working
>> correctly. Is this possible?
>>
>> -- Jamen
>>
> A good place to start is GTUBE. Like EICAR is to Anti-Viral scanning,
> GTUBE is to Anti-Spam Scanning
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTUBE
>
> However, I normally tail my maillog as well as look at the headers of
> emails to look for evidence of spam scanning at those points.

you can download a sample msg from

http://spamassassin.apache.org/gtube/gtube.txt

usage, for example:

spamassassin < gtube.txt
spamc < gtube.txt

Re: new / tests to verify

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 4/10/2012 4:31 PM, McGranahan, Jamen wrote:

> Sorry for the newbie question here, but are there any test messages we
> can use to verify our spamassassin installation is working correctly?
>  I installed the most current stable version just today on a RedHat 5
> box and updated it, but would like to test it to verify it is working
> correctly. Is this possible?
>
> -- Jamen

A good place to start is GTUBE.  Like EICAR is to Anti-Viral scanning,
GTUBE is to Anti-Spam Scanning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTUBE

However, I normally tail my maillog as well as look at the headers of
emails to look for evidence of spam scanning at those points.

regards,
KAM

Re: new / tests to verify

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
Den 2012-04-10 22:31, McGranahan, Jamen skrev:

> box and updated it, but would like to test it to verify it is working
> correctly. Is this possible?

test shows here you post html, please disable that atleast on public
maillists, most email software can do this pr sender today, but to your
question see http://spamassassin.apache.org/gtube/