Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kyle Banker <ky...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/24 00:39:37 UTC

Which producer to use?

As of today, the latest Kafka docs show kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer in
their example of the producer API (
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#producerapi).

Is there a reason why the latest producer client
(org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.Producer)
isn't mentioned? Is this client not preferred or production-ready?

Re: Which producer to use?

Posted by Christian Csar <ca...@gmail.com>.
I ended up coding against the new one,
org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.Producer, though it is not yet in
production here. It might be slightly more painful to select a partition
since there isn't a place to plug in a partitioner class, but overall it
was quite easy and had the key feature of an Async callback.

Christian

Re: Which producer to use?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kyle,