Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Short <ds...@san.rr.com> on 2007/04/26 18:34:04 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.23 and NetBeans 5.5

I've registered Tomcat 5.5.23 per the NetBeans 5.5 instructions.  When I try
to start Tomcat from within the NetBeans IDE, Tomcat refuses to start.  The
IDE displayed and actual Tomcat log files look normal, but the IDE hangs and
eventually times out.  I've removed and added Tomcat back in the IDE
multiple times without luck.  The NetBeans embedded Tomcat 5.5.17 works
without issue.

Any ideas?

RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 and NetBeans 5.5

Posted by David Short <ds...@san.rr.com>.
Nothing running on 8080...

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: David Short [mailto:dshort@san.rr.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 and NetBeans 5.5
>
> ports) and now it works...  So, my advanced logic skills tell me that
> something else within the IDE is running on port 8080.

Since you appear to be running on Windows, run "netstat -abno" to find
out who's using which ports.

Or try TCPView, as another David suggested yesterday:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/TcpView.mspx

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 and NetBeans 5.5

Posted by David Short <ds...@san.rr.com>.
I changed the 5.5.23 startup and shutdown ports to 8084 and 8025
respectively within the 5.5.23\conf\server.xml (to match the embedded 5.5.17
ports) and now it works...  So, my advanced logic skills tell me that
something else within the IDE is running on port 8080.  There is an embedded
NetBeans HTTP server which is configured to run on port 8082.  So, that
doesn't look like the problem...  I'll continue to investigate and report
back if I find out what's going on...

Netbeans 5.5 Needs these 2 startup scripts $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.bat
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/setclasspath.bat

HTH/
Martin