Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/24 19:51:05 UTC

Release Manager's official `branch-3.0` Assessment?

Hi, All.

First of all, always "Community Over Code"!
I wish you the best health and happiness.

As we know, we are still working on QA period, we didn't reach RC stage. It
seems that we need to make website up-to-date once more.

    https://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html

If possible, it would be really great if we can get `3.0.0` release
manager's official `branch-3.0` assessment because we have only 1 week
before the end of March.

Cloud you, the 3.0.0 release manager, share your thought and update the
website, please?

Bests
Dongjoon.

Re: Release Manager's official `branch-3.0` Assessment?

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Otherwise we could just set the legacy config as 'true' by default, until
SPARK-31257 (unification of create table syntax) is introduced. That would
be smallest and safest approach - no ambiguity by default, and if anyone is
adventurous or fully understanding the ambiguity they can set it to "false"
and deal with it. WDYT?

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I'm also curious - there no open blockers for 3.0 but I know a few are
still floating around open to revert changes. What is the status there?
From my field of view I'm not aware of other blocking issues.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.