Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/28 16:04:45 UTC

Jwicket and Wiquery

Hi team;

Whats the difference between jwicket and wiquery? I have already read
wiquery tutorials and seen some examples, but i dont need to find any for
jwicket. any help from jwicket team will do

Kind regards.

josh

RE: Jwicket and Wiquery

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Hi Josh,

it would be nice to her from you. Regardless of your decision. And while jwicket is a work in progres I am always glad to receive any feedback from users.

Stefan

Posted by Sam Stainsby <sa...@sustainablesoftware.com.au>.
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:29:51 +0200, Stefan Lindner wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> yes, jWicket does it the Wicket way.
> Generally you have a Behavior (e.g. DraggabeBehavior) extending wicket's
> AjaxBehavior.

So does Wiquery:

label = new Label("item-name", model)
draggableBehavior = new DraggableBehavior
draggableBehavior.setOpacity(0.75f)
draggableBehavior.setRevert(new DraggableRevert(true))
label.add(draggableBehavior)

AW: Jwicket and Wiquery

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Hi Josh,

yes, jWicket does it the Wicket way.
Generally you have a Behavior (e.g. DraggabeBehavior) extending wicket's AjaxBehavior.

The you have some own component (a Panel e.g.)

Now you simply do

	myPanel.add(new DraggableBehavior(...));

And DraggableBehavior let's you override some callbacks e.g.

	DraggabeBehavior draggable = new DraggabeBehavior() {
		onDragStop(final AjaxRequestTarget target, final SpecialKeys specialKeys) {
			// react when dragging has stopped
		}
	};
	Draggable.setWantOnDragStopNotification(true);

	class MyPanel  extends Panel implements IDraggable { // only implements IDraggable if you need to react here
		onDragStop(final AjaxRequestTarget target, final SpecialKeys specialKeys) {
			// or react here when dragging has stopped
		}
	}

	MyPanel myPanel = new MyPanel();
	myPanel.add(draggable);