Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/07/13 02:52:10 UTC

Re: srm.conf --> what does srm stand for?

> server resource management?
>
> I am thinking of cleaning up the -dist config files...

I would vote to consolidate this into one file. The 3 file system
is kind of silly.

Re: srm.conf --> what does srm stand for?

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > > server resource management?
> > >
> > > I am thinking of cleaning up the -dist config files...
> >

> > I would vote to consolidate this into one file. The 3 file system
> > is kind of silly.
>
> I should point out that "AccessConfig /dev/null" doesn't (probably)
> work on Windows. So we'd need to add a "none" token or something that
> could be used to disable the other two files.

AccessConfig NUL

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie [Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible]

Re: srm.conf --> what does srm stand for?

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.

Posted by Gary Wisniewski <ga...@spidereye.com.au>.
At 19:52 12/07/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> server resource management?
>>
>> I am thinking of cleaning up the -dist config files...
>I would vote to consolidate this into one file. The 3 file system
>is kind of silly.

It's been silly for a long time, but I'd recommend keeping the
three files, just as a courtesy.  FrontPage ISP installation,
for example, looks for directives in srm.conf, and would
blow-up otherwise.  I also know of a few admin script packages
which assume the old NCSA-style config file meanings.

Gary

Gary Wisniewski
Spider Eye Studios Pty. Ltd., Australia, +61 3 9415 6700
[Formerly GUI Online Productions]