Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/25 18:31:15 UTC

Geronimio v1.1 documentation

Hi All,
I'm working on the v1.1 documentation. I initially thought that it would be better to structure this
documentation as an update to the existing 1.0, this is mainly focusing on the "What's new" for XYZ
topics.

There are some comments about this on GERONIMO-1883

I think we should initially focus on listing the changes and how those changes affect current
installations. A summarized version of this list will be later included in the RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt

A "Summary of changes", organized by how sensitive the change is, should be the foundation for
building the Geronimo v1.1 documentation. The info described in this list will allow us to better
structure and address the v1.1 documentation.

I am not saying that the v1.1 documentation should just be a big "What's new" section but rather
that should be the starting point.

With that said, and to make my life easier :D , I would really appreciate your help enumerating and
prioritizing the changes.

Please, if you can, reply to this note with the changes you worked on and a brief description. Also,
if at all possible, give that change a priority 1-5, being 5 a major change.

I will consolidate this list in confluence and expand the topics.

This is the new section in confluence with some place holders

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Apache+Geronimo+V1.1+-+Documentation+Draft

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
Hernan