Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2015/02/01 00:53:52 UTC

RFE , print that LevelDB is doing a recovery...

Right now, after a restart, my AMQ server is at 100% CPU and has been so
for about 10 minutes now.

It should really print that it’s doing recovery and have some sort of
progress indicator ideally.

Here’s the stack trace where it’s been for a long time now...

   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
at org.iq80.leveldb.table.BlockIterator.next(BlockIterator.java:88)
at org.iq80.leveldb.util.TableIterator.getNextElement(TableIterator.java:72)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.AbstractSeekingIterator.hasNext(AbstractSeekingIterator.java:30)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.InternalTableIterator.getNextElement(InternalTableIterator.java:32)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.AbstractSeekingIterator.hasNext(AbstractSeekingIterator.java:30)
at org.iq80.leveldb.util.LevelIterator.getNextElement(LevelIterator.java:90)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.AbstractSeekingIterator.hasNext(AbstractSeekingIterator.java:30)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.DbIterator$ComparableIterator.next(DbIterator.java:234)
at org.iq80.leveldb.util.DbIterator.getNextElement(DbIterator.java:105)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.AbstractSeekingIterator.hasNext(AbstractSeekingIterator.java:30)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.impl.SnapshotSeekingIterator.findNextUserEntry(SnapshotSeekingIterator.java:103)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.impl.SnapshotSeekingIterator.seekInternal(SnapshotSeekingIterator.java:57)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.impl.SnapshotSeekingIterator.seekInternal(SnapshotSeekingIterator.java:28)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.util.AbstractSeekingIterator.seek(AbstractSeekingIterator.java:23)
at
org.iq80.leveldb.impl.SeekingIteratorAdapter.seek(SeekingIteratorAdapter.java:30)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$RichDB$$anonfun$cursorPrefixed$1.apply$mcV$sp(LevelDBClient.scala:282)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$RichDB$$anonfun$cursorPrefixed$1.apply(LevelDBClient.scala:282)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$RichDB$$anonfun$cursorPrefixed$1.apply(LevelDBClient.scala:282)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$RichDB.might_trigger_compaction(LevelDBClient.scala:391)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$RichDB.cursorPrefixed(LevelDBClient.scala:282)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$$anonfun$replay_from$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$4.apply(LevelDBClient.scala:747)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$$anonfun$replay_from$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$4.apply(LevelDBClient.scala:730)
at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:145)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$$anonfun$replay_from$1.apply$mcV$sp(LevelDBClient.scala:730)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$$anonfun$replay_from$1.apply(LevelDBClient.scala:697)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient$$anonfun$replay_from$1.apply(LevelDBClient.scala:697)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient.might_fail(LevelDBClient.scala:549)
at
org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient.replay_from(LevelDBClient.scala:696)
at org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBClient.start(LevelDBClient.scala:562)
at org.apache.activemq.leveldb.DBManager.start(DBManager.scala:648)
at org.apache.activemq.leveldb.LevelDBStore.doStart(LevelDBStore.scala:235)
at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:55)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.doStartPersistenceAdapter(BrokerService.java:640)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startPersistenceAdapter(BrokerService.java:629)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:594)
at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:73)
at
at
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1638)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1579)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1509)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:521)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:296)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
- locked <0x00000005cd868d60> (a java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:293)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:628)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:932)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:479)
- locked <0x00000005cd868e58> (a java.lang.Object)
at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1.<init>(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:104)
at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:104)
at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:67)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:87)
at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:150)
at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:104)
at
at
at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:262)
at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:115)

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: RFE , print that LevelDB is doing a recovery...

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
Yes.  My fault! I just realized I transposed email threads by accident.

I have two problems.. one is the queue GC on startup and the other is lack
of any message when the broker is doing leveldb recovery.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
Sorry. I answered the wrong question.  The LevelDB recovery does seem to be
a function of number of queues and number of outstanding messages.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
Great. I”ll submit an RFE today.  (about to go for a walk).

The recovery I just did was taking up to an hour so I just killed it.

My startup times are taking a while so I’m trying to step through and
figure out at what places we need to tighten up ship to make things a bit
easier to manage!

Thanks!

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
OK.  Created.