Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Pierre FILSTROFF <p....@greenivory.com> on 2010/03/31 11:05:23 UTC

Open Lucene indexs dynamically

Hello !

I have a question about a specific configuration of solR : I want to configure solR to open Lucene indexs when it needs (also open indexs dynamically), and close them after a determined duration. The goal of this configuration is also to have a shorter initial loading of solR (approximately 2 hours at this moment).
Could solR execute this kind of behavior ? And what could be the configuration ?

Thank you!

++

Pierre

Open Lucene indexs dynamically

Re: Open Lucene indexs dynamically

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Mar 31, 2010, at 5:05 AM, Pierre FILSTROFF wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have a question about a specific configuration of solR : I want to configure solR to open Lucene indexs when it needs (also open indexs dynamically), and close them after a determined duration. The goal of this configuration is also to have a shorter initial loading of solR (approximately 2 hours at this moment).

How big is your index?  And what kind of hardware are you running?  2 hours seems really long.

> Could solR execute this kind of behavior ? And what could be the configuration ?
>
> Thank you!
>
> ++
>
> Pierre

Grant Ingersoll